Please read this policy carefully to understand how we treat the information we collect. If you do not agree with this policy, your choice is to cease immediately your use of our Website. By accessing or using this Website, you agree to this policy.
Information We Collect about You and How We Collect It
We collect personal information that you voluntarily provide to us, or is provided to us by third parties based on your interest in Indiana Tech programs, such as name, postal address, e-mail address, telephone number, place of business and any other information that could be used to personally identify you (collectively, “personal information”). You may voluntarily provide personal information when you fill in forms on our Websites, reach out to us directly by sending us correspondence, or enter into any other transactions with us.
The Website and its servers may also collect other information from you, like technical information such as information regarding your internet connection, the hardware and software you use to access our Websites, your IP address, page views, clicks, and other such information that does not personally identify you (collectively, “anonymous information”).
Automatic Data Collection
- Flash Cookies. Certain features of our Website may use local stored objects (or Flash cookies) to collect and store information about your preferences and navigation to, from, and on our Website. Flash cookies are not managed by the same browser settings as are used for browser cookies.
- Web Beacons. Pages of our the Website and our e-mails may contain small electronic files known as web beacons (also referred to as clear gifs, pixel tags, and single-pixel gifs) that permit us, for example, to count users who have visited those pages or opened an email and for other related Website statistics (for example, recording the popularity of certain Website content and verifying system and server integrity).
We use information collected by the technologies described above, to help us improve our Website and to deliver a better and more personalized service, including by enabling us to:
- Estimate our audience size and usage patterns.
- Store information about your preferences
- Speed up your searches.
- Recognize you when you return to our Website.
How We Use Your Information
We may use personal information:
- To fulfill the purpose for which you’ve provided;
- to carry out our responsibilities as an institution of higher education to adhere to regulatory compliance;
- enforce our rights with respect to agreements between you and us, including billing and collection;
- to contact you regarding any transactions you’ve entered into with us;
- to notify you about changes to our Website or any products or services we offer or provide through it; or
- in any other way we may describe when you provide the information, or for which you provide consent.
We may also use your information to market, advertise, promote or otherwise contact you about our products and services. We may use anonymous information, which does not identify you personally, in any way we deem appropriate.
Disclosure of Your Information
We may disclose personal information:
- To service providers, contractors, and other third parties who support university operations (e.g., payment processors, sales or support representatives, hosting providers, marketing partners, and other university consultants) who are bound by contractual obligations to keep personal information confidential and use it only for the purposes for which we disclose it to them;
- any other entity disclosed by us when you provide the information, or for which you provide consent; or
- to comply with any court order, law, or legal process, including to responding to any government or regulatory request, to enforce or apply our website policies and other agreements, for billing and collection purposes, or if we believe disclosure is necessary or appropriate to protect our rights, property, or safety or that of our constituents. This includes exchanging information with other companies and organizations for the purposes of fraud protection.
Your Data Collection Choices
We strive to provide you with choices regarding the personal information you provide to us. We have created mechanisms to provide you with the following control over your information:
- Location. Mobile applications may collect real-time information about the location of your device for geo-fencing, mileage tracking or similar purposes. If you do not want us to collect this information, you may decline our request or disable location services in your mobile device’s settings. However, opting out of the collection of location information will cause location-based features to be disabled and the online and/or mobile application may not function properly. Our services may also be able to identify your approximate location based on your IP address.
- Your Information and Third-Party Advertising. We do not control third parties’ collection or use of your information to serve interest-based advertising. However, these third parties may provide you with ways to choose not to have your information collected or used in this way. You can opt out of receiving targeted ads from members of the Network Advertising Initiative (“NAI”) https://optout.networkadvertising.orgon the NAI’s website. You can opt out of receiving interest-based advertising from members of the Digital Advertising Alliance by utilizing their consumer choice tool at https://optout.aboutads.info. You can also opt-out by adjusting your internet and/or mobile browser preferences.
- Promotional Offers from Indiana Tech. If you do not wish to have your personal email address or other contact information used by Indiana Tech to promote our own or third parties’ products or services, you can opt-out at any other time by sending us an email stating your request to firstname.lastname@example.org. If we have sent you a promotional email, you may opt out using the unsubscribe or opt-out link in the email, if applicable, or by sending us a return email asking to be omitted from future email distributions. This opt out does not apply communications sent to Indiana Tech owned email addresses.
- Do Not Track Signals. The Website currently does not recognize or respond to browser “do not track” signals.
If you would like to access or correct your personal information, you may do so by visiting your account profile (if you have one) or by contacting us at email@example.com.
Your California Privacy Rights
California Civil Code Section § 1798.83 permits Website users that are California residents to request certain information regarding the disclosure of personal information to third parties for direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please send an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have implemented at least industry standard measures designed to secure your personal information from accidental loss and from unauthorized access, use, alteration, and disclosure. The safety and security of your information also depends on you. You are responsible for keeping your username, password, and any other login credentials or user verification information confidential. You may not share this information with anyone. Unfortunately, the transmission of information via the internet is not completely secure, so we cannot guarantee the security of your personal information transmitted to our Website. Any transmission of personal information is at your own risk. We are not responsible for circumvention of any privacy settings or security measures contained on the Website.
In order to protect you and your data and that of our other users, we may suspend your access to the Website without notice, pending an investigation, if any breach of security is suspected.
For more information on our IT security practices, click here.